Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is their really a halo movie coming out in theaters?

Eric

I heard their is going to be a halo movie coming out but i don't know when. I just want it to come out so bad. If you think their is then when will it come out

Zoodog

In 2005, a script for a film adaptation of Halo was written by Alex Garland which D. B. Weiss and Josh Olson rewrote during 2006 for a 2008 release. The movie was to be developed and released by 20th Century Fox, under the creative oversight of Microsoft.Peter Jackson was slated to be the executive producer,with Neill Blomkamp as director. Before Blomkamp signed on, Guillermo del Toro was in negotiations to direct.

The crew stopped and resumed preproduction of the film several times.Blomkamp declared the project dead in late 2007,but Jackson replied that the film would still be made. Blomkamp and Jackson collaborated on District 9, but the director told /Film that he was no longer considering working on a Halo film if the opportunity arose,saying that after working on the film for five months before the project's collapse it would be difficult to return. The rights for the film have since reverted back to Microsoft.

Blomkamp commented the Master Chief worked from a video gamer's perspective, but dramatically does not hold much weight because of his faceless nature. The character as depicted in the film would have been "the most important supporting cast member". Instead, "other characters around him did most of the emotional heavy lifting", with their story exploring their perception of the Master Chief. After Jackson's project stalled, Stuart Beattie wrote a film adaptation of The Fall of Reach, complete with concept art. While there have been rumors that director Steven Spielberg was in talks to produce Halo,Microsoft has responded that the film is still on hold.

Short answer = No but it is possible in the future