Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you going to the mid-night release?

Dawgpound7000

I have never been to any mid-night release for any game. I think it would be kinda fun to go to it though. I have heard from friends that they give away free stuff but Im not sure if that is true.

So do you plan on going to the mid-night release? If you have been to any mid-night release for any game what kind of things should I watch out for when going to a mid-night release?

Admin

Staff member
For the Sony PS3 release here in the UK they gave away 700 Free Sony Bravia [SIZE=-1]HDTV[/SIZE]s.
So yeah it would be cool lol.
What I don't understand is that they gave away thousands of pounds worth of TV's, but the price of a PS3 is higher than anywhere else in the world.
Wouldn't it have been better not to have given away all of those top of the line TV's and lower the price, even if it's just a little lower lol.
Anyway that part was off topic.

Donavin

Banned
Yeah I would go, but things that you want to look out for are robbers, I don’t remember exactly what it was for, but people got robbed in line for something video game related

MastermanAndy

I went to the mid night release for the Wii, so im almost definately gonna for Halo 3. Its great waiting inline late at night, so much excitement.

TigerPawsSC

I used to go to the midnight releases and such when they came out with the EA sports video games. I don't think I'll go for the Halo 3 release though, because it will just be a crazy scene with too many people. Mobs like that are pretty scary.

Midnight

I sure am! I love going to midnight releases for products, theres so many other people qeueing up its great, and theres so much tension!

rusty

i'm hoping that my cousin will go with me, also they usually do give out things, i remember here at the xbox360 launch they gave out afew xbox360's and xbox's
same with the ps3 release tho.
its a good event, you should go and see what your missing out on.

Donavin

Banned
Can someone plz confirm what the midnight release exactly is, i have multiple pms asking me about it, someone plz clear it up ty for your help.

TigerPawsSC

I'm not sure of any exact details of this game's midnight release, but when I get some I'll be sure to pass them along your way.

TigerPawsSC

Around here, there aren't too many stores that sell the new games, so we always have to go early. I'll just let one of my buddies go down there for me.