Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halo 2 Vista Impressions

srisri24

Anyone picking this up? It feels like there is alot of hate for this game because of it's Vista exclusivity.

I tried it at my friends place this past Saturday and I am enjoying it. It plays exactly like the Xbox version (which I guess is the point) btu with K/M suuport and Sharper visuals.

What I really like is the online though. I couldnt get into the xbox version because I just couldnt compete with a controller but on the PC it feels much better and now I can browse for games so I can find a 24/7 Coagulation CTF server (something that couldnt be done on the xbox version unless you had 6+ friends who really loved Halo 2).

Performance is pretty good, I am able to run it with everything on high with smooth framerates on my e6600 (2.4GHZ core 2 duo), 2GB RAM, and Radeon X1950 Pro. I heard though it pays pretty rough with only 1 GB RAM.

easyticket

So basically, it feels like an Xbox game on the PC.

Good job upgrading the game for the PC MS. Say what you want about bashing MS, but cmon, they basically do a straight port of Halo 2 years later, and make it Vista only to boot. Even though I have Vista this just seems stupid.