Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halo 3 ODST or Halo 3 video game?

Justin

Is Halo 3 ODST better than just regular Halo 3 because I don't wanna waste money on a bad game that is the exact same as the old one so what are some new features that Halo 3 doesn't have?

Deven

Halo 3: ODST is only a campaign, the multiplayer will get you the EXACT same experience as Halo 3. Personally though, I prefer the original. ODST does not feature the Master Chief, so your character is nowhere near as good. The story is more of a mystery than an action sort of thing, and is also very confusing as there is a lot of jumping around to different events and different times. So, you would be better of spending your money on a game like Borderlands or Battlefield BC 2

pat

odst main feature is that it makes you feel more human. In halo 3 you play as a spartan a super human so in odst you play a guy who is more human so it changes the game in that it makes you focus on range and smarts then just brute force. Though honestly I still felt like a bad ass who could kick 9 feet tall brutes asses. Another feature is firefight its is mini game where you hold a position with or without a team against an onslaught of covenant this is fun but only when you have someone to play with. Another thing I liked was that they used weapons that were under used in halo 3 like the spartan laser, flame grenade and flamethrower. The story is okay and it has cool blade runner feel to it but it is a little short.I recommend buying halo 3 first and if you really love it get odst.

Collegekid45

ODST is just a single player campaign. The multiplayer is halo 3 so if you are buying for campaign then it is pretty good but if it for multiplayer and u have halo 3 then dont even bother. Also you can play halo 3 people with odst in multiplayer. But then again with odst you can get Reach Beta which is amazing.