Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halo Anniversary or Assassin's Creed 1 and 2?

JeskivaR

Okay, obviously Halo and Assassin's Creed are completely different games and impossible to compare, but I want to pre-order Halo Anniversary but I also want to collect all of the Assassin's Creed games since Revelations is supposed to be the last one. I've only played the first one for like, 10 minutes at my friend's house but I really like the historical setting and the whole "assassin" thing. I'm questioning myself as to whether Halo: CEA is really worth buying, or if I should get the first 2 Assassin's Creed games (and Brotherhood later). Thanks

And also, does Assassin's Creed have decent replayability?

Andrew

- Assassins creed 1 & 2 would take you a long time to complete
- Halo Anniversary will take you around 10 hours to complete

- I would personally choose Halo Anniversary because Halo 1 - combat evolved was the benchmark for FPS. It revolutionised First Person Shooters into the games we play today. It was a HUGE influence, so you would think that the original must have been pretty amazing. I imagine the experience of re-living the original with today's technology would be unbelievable.

Good Luck

kyle

Depending on how much money you have and whether you have played the first Halo before decides this.

You will easily spend $100+ on all the Assassin's Creed games, while Halo: Anniversary is $40. Also, if you have played the first Halo, then you might not want to play because all there would be is the remastered graphics and the revival of some maps form Halo 1. If you're a Halo fan, get it, and you will love it. If not, than get Assassin's Creed.

And, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't say Assassin's Creed has much replay value, although Brotherhood has multi-player, which should keep you entertained for a bit.

Kayla

I've gotta say I've always been more of an Assassin's Creed fan, the 2nd is very good and so is Brotherhood. It's worth the money but you've kinda gotta play them all because it's a story running through all the games with the same characters. But I'm a bit biased, I've never really enjoyed Halo that much.

solid snake

Halo CE was a classic and the remake looks very good for Halo fans and those who missed out on i when it came out.

Personally I am one of the few people who doesn't enjoy Assassin's creed. The parkour elements are tedious (herp derp hold trigger and up, so much fun), horrible combat (you can win almost every fight using counter attacks which is game breaking), mediocre story that I just didn't care for and personally I think that Ezio is pathetic and whines more than Raiden. Desmond's sections are boring and unneccessary.

halo. im getting it. i already preordered it. if youre a fan of halo, you MUST get it. it runs on the original game engine, so it plays and feels like CE. but it has HD graphics, like halo 3. you also get firefight, forge, and reach's online multiplayer engine. plus for preorder, you get a MC outfit for ur avatar, and Grunt Funeral. grunt funeral is a skull that when activated, it makes all methane tanks explode like plasma grenades! plus there are Terminals like in Halo 3 that will give hints about Halo 4, which will be narrated by 343 Guilty Spark, so u dont hav to read tiny orange letters. AAANND you can switch back and forth from the old graphics to the new "seamlessly" (no loading) by pressing the "Back" button. it also has remastered maps from other halo games including: Beaver Creek, AKA Battle Canyon
Hang 'Em High, AKA High Noon
Damnation, AKA Penance
Timberland, AKA Ridgeline
Prisoner, AKA Solitary
Headlong, AKA Breakneck

so yeah, TOTALLY get it!

ps: check out my blog at: http://thehaloexpert.blogspot.com/

phill22097

Get Assassin's Creed before you get the sequel to begin with just to make sure you like the game.
But i cant really prefer either of them for i cant play either of them for longer then an hour.
The original Halo was a great game there just updating everything for it.
Pick which one you think you could enjoy more.
Look up videos and information about them to.

phill22097

Get Assassin's Creed before you get the sequel to begin with just to make sure you like the game.
But i cant really prefer either of them for i cant play either of them for longer then an hour.
The original Halo was a great game there just updating everything for it.
Pick which one you think you could enjoy more.
Look up videos and information about them to.