Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halo, Combat Evolved (1)?

mcMC

My friends don't think that there was any online multiplayer for halo 1. I own the pc version and ive played online. They played it on the x-box.

Do i have a modded version of the game or did the game only have online for the pc and not the x-box?

Itachi

No, your pc version is a better , normal version. Heres the reason why u friends coudnt play on xbox :

"As Halo was released before Xbox Live, online multiplayer games were not officially supported.The game instead uses local Ethernet or "system-link" that supports a maximum of 16 players. This setup was a first for a console game, but was often deemed impractical by critics."
from wikipedia

ZenZaku

The PC version did have an online multiplayer through the internet. The Xbox version only had local multiplayer or Lan battles, not online multiplayer as in Xbox Live.