Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much money would I need to make a Halo movie?

King of Gods

How much money would I need to make a Halo movie? As in advertising, paying actors, and such? Would I also need to be working for Microsoft to create a Halo movie if I could? And also, do I need any certain education to be a director?
Also, how would you like it if Microsoft or someone else made a Halo movie?

Samuel Pierce

Actually, i think there have been talks about it, but dont think anything has materialized yet. You could not make a good, live action halo movie for under 100 million dollars due to all the special effects (and in reality, prob more like 150). Of course in reality, you could make any movie w a hand held and a bunch of friends for very little.

You are not able to make a Halo movie w/o the permission of the company that owns the rights, in this case Microsoft. You wouldnt be able to use the name, or anything resembling the likeness of the characters, etc...without paying them for the rights first.

As big of a company as Microsoft is, they would never let anything be made that could potentially damage the image of their most successful video game franchise, thus, getting the rights would be reserved to major movie studios.
Your best bet would be to take the halo story and characters, and then change them enough so as they dont resemble Halo too much. Good luck!

Igba

There's no way I would be able to know the right answer to this your question and I'm very sure that no one would give you anything that's going to work unless they are in the movie's production industry. If you can get any contact there, you will get the best answers.