Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to open a map for halo 1?

David Lu

I'm not quite sure what you mean, so I will give all solutions

For the first solution, I'm guessing you mean that you are using Halo: Combat Evolved
This is still very confusing but my answer is:

If it is a multiplayer map, (Blood gulch, Battle Creek, Infinity, etc) see steps below. I find it hard to believe you don't know this. If it is a downloaded map for Halo Custom edition, please see below.

1. On the main menu, go to Multiplayer
2. Click Create Game
3. Click LAN game
4. Choose map from side bar
5. Click start or create or whatever (I haven't played in a long time so i don't remember exactly what the button says...)
6. There you go!

There is a program called "Halo Custom Edition" for multiplayer only, however you can download campaign maps on it. You need to downlaod it for this part. Basically, its a free version of halo with custom maps and custom weapons and custom everything. Once you downlaod the map for it,(here is a good place to get maps http://hce.halomaps.org/) take that map and put it onto your:

Computer--> OS C--> Program files--> Microsoft Games--> Halo Custom Edition--> Maps

There you go! Now just open Halo Custom Edition, and you can choose that map for lan and internet games!

(Note: Only people with that map can join your online or lan game)

If you want to get a popular map, get Ambush, Hugeass, Coldsnap, or Extinction. There is games for it everyday.

Final solution: If you mean you are a programmer (woah i'd like to meet you) and you are making maps then you need Halo editing kit (but if you were a programmer, you would know that, right?)

You can get that and Halo Custom Edition at the same website you can get maps.

PS Check out devmode if you are going to get Halo Custom Edition