Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Halo 3, if my highest skill achieved is 35(my current skill is 34)will I still

Nick C

get commander rank?(req35)? I got to 35, but lost and dropped to 34. Will I still get my commander rank (commander rank requires 35)?

corparal209

Yes you will, because you need the "Highest skill achieved" to be 35, because you could be 35 and go down to 2 and you could get it

WeergeEphelip

Einstein's Riddle

There are 5 houses in five different colors
In each house lives a different nationality.
These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

The CLUES:

The Brit lives in the Red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane Drinks tea.
The Green House is on the left of the White House.
The Green House's owner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man in the center house drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats
The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the Blue House.
The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water.
The QUESTION:

Who owns the fish?

Last edited:

WeergeEphelip

Einstein's Riddle

There are 5 houses in five different colors
In each house lives a different nationality.
These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

The CLUES:

The Brit lives in the Red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane Drinks tea.
The Green House is on the left of the White House.
The Green House's owner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man in the center house drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats
The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the Blue House.
The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water.
The QUESTION:

Who owns the fish?

AbsemsNom

Easy Way to Find Openings--Find Firms That Do Not Know How to Advertise Their Jobs

I have heard so many people talking about this that I am sure it comes as no surprise to say that the best way to find jobs in a recession is to investigate jobs on employer websites:

-employers do not use recruiters in recessions because they cost money
-job boards are flooded with applicants

People just do not look for jobs on employer websites. There are thousands of employer websites in most cities and many of the job sit on there for months without applications.

This is where most of the jobs are and I found this far more effective than other means.

I started using a research jobs site called Hound that I do not think anyone knows about because it is run by a small company that does not advertise.

All Hound.com does is show you unadvertised job openings that are not publicly advertised and are located on employer websites.

Very few people realize that most employers post their job on their own sites and not on job boards like Monster, CareerBuilder, etc. because these sites charge employers up to $500 to post a single job. In my experience (I am getting more interviews that I ever have), your chances of getting interviews and hired are much better when you are applying to jobs that are not advertised that no one knows about.

I have gotten a ton of interviews through the Hound site. If you are looking for a job I would highly recommend using Hound . What most people do not realize is that most jobs are found on employer websites and not job boards. Hound puts all of the jobs it finds from employer websiste (every Fortune 500, Inc. 500 and other company it can locate) on its site.

When you start seeing sites advertise themselves a lot that should be a warning sign of sorts because that means that lots of people will start going and applying to the jobs. I really trust Hound because it does not advertise. You can find the site at http://www.hound.com

danishimonking

Salehoo Review!

I have been looking at:

www.intune-distributors.com

It looked like a very good SCAM site. I was skeptical for several reasons. 1) The whois info was blocked by protectfly.com 2) The domain had been registered only a week before. 3) The website was of professional quality 4) the prices were reasonable.

I had an email conversation with the sales dept. The price for iPods was good, but the only payment method was a wire transfer to a Mr. Ling in Singapore. No escrow, CC, cod or anything else. No other documentation on the company would be provided.

I wrote it off as a scam, but since they had a "salehoo certified" sticker on their site, I emailed http://about-salehoo.com and asked about them. To my surprise, salehoo replied and said they were reputable and people were ordering ipods and psp without problem. (Ordering yes, but receiving. )

Now I am not sure if it is a scam or not (http://salehoodropshipper.com) . I am tempted to order one iPod as a test, but I hate to waste $220 bucks. Any thoughts? I would love other opinions.

Jay