Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is that the Ark?

Admin

Staff member
Hello,
This is a widely disputed claim based on the first trailer released by Bungie.
On first glance it may appear to be the Ark, especially considering in the Halo 2 documentary there is a scene that shows something similar to the Ark labeled "Earth_Ark_09":
763px-Ark_concept.jpg

What are your opinions/theories on this?

Donavin

Banned
what I am going to have to say is that well based around the whole halo universe first leading to my theory is that all the planets the covenant destroy are possible portals to the ark, but the planets ark portal was either destroyed beyond repair or, not found that why they glass a planet to see if the ark portal is below, and well now on earth they uncover a artifact under the African sands, im guessing the arks portal, and that since they found it is why they have been destroying all the planets in the first place. So my guess is what the whole purpose of halo 3 is to destroy the ark before the covenant activate it, and destroy all life ever to exist cause the ark activates all halos. So in theory that is the ark portal for earth.

maggot

Ohh i see so what you are saying that area around the ark looks like sand. Well now i see that but at first glance that looked a different to me. At now that might be conciddered a good theory but I have an odd feeling that there is more to it. Mabey some information only available for knowledge outside of bungie. Though you can always resort to "reading" the novals. mabey they provide clues. Of coarse i read the first noval and it was remarkably different compared to the first halo game. It could be that like the star wars movies the 3rd game will be from the past and then the future. Another theory is that the ark is just a simple multiplayer map. Though this is why it is so disputed. Ill post again when i look up more theories about this on google.

Donavin

Banned
Srry to jump on you, but i read all the books, played the games at least 50 times, and i no the so far storyline inside, and out.

maggot

I only read the first (or what i think was the first) anyway did you think that theory up by reading the novals? Or just something that you thought up.

PS: i have also played the games many times.

Donavin

Banned
well I composed of this theory with all my knowledge, of the halo universe, and If I am correct if someone else were to have the knowledge that I do, I think that they would come up with this theory as well.

maggot

Well that theory is one out the hundreds of theories. If what you say is correct then I think that Bungie will know this and make it slightly different from wht you expect. That is what they did when halo2 came out. You did not know such in depth info on the covanent but you learned. That is what i think will happen in halo3 and once you start playing through all the lvls that is when you will have the best chance of setting a correct theory.

Donavin

Banned
That be considered more of an inference, than a theory at that point, but i am sticking with my theory it is very logical after all.