Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is the halo movie ever going to get made?

Styvee

i thought it got canceled a few years ago but im suddenly see stuff about it again. like i guess in the new lore book it says it will be released 2012. is it just fan boy rumors or what?

Darkfire

You're right on both counts. There was a movie planned to be in development to be directed by Niel Bloomkamp. However, that project quickly died out and the script was scrapped. The rights have reverted back to microsoft and Columbia Pictures has not actual plans to reacquire those rights and produce a film at this moment. However, there is another film project in the works right now. It is a fan film, so there is no major studio involvement. At the moment, it's a short film. It's called Halo:Faith and is to be directed by Jared Pelletier. The trailer has also been released. I'll post the link in the sources. Apparently, it was shot on a budget of 850 dollars and has the goal of raising the standards of fan made films. I hope that's what you're looking for. :)