Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isnt vista a serious joke?

kanu123

microsoft says that the requirement for running vista in full swing is a

dual core processor @ 1.5ghz+ per core

2 gB ddr2 ram

20gb+ harddisk free

dedicated graphics card

Who the hell is going to get me that much costly hardware from the market?

Excess

Hehe. I have to admit, although i havnt used it, It looks impressive! My computer isnt good enough either :(

Darkstealth

Its not that impressive really, its windows media center with some new window pop-up feature on your toolbar that shows what you are viewing when your cursors moves on top of the program. Also, its a little shinier than before. Thats pretty much Vista

MoneyTalkPro

I haven't even seen what Vista looks like or care to. I don't plan on using it for years to come. I'm sure they have lots of bugs with it.

jackyboy

Lol..its sad but ture, why not ask MS to uprdage our machines to run vista!!

Vista is noting more that a eye candy....perfect waste of resources. I'll stick to my WinXP and Ubuntu.

epsonc62

I've told this about 10 times but I will repeat this one more time: Vista is a big fat ugly joke. Bill should get vacation.

Untitled

We have to spend like a 1000$ before buying Vista. Man thats costly! And Vista Costs Bucks too!

Is it really worth that much? Iam not planning to buy it as of now. cuz oif the requirements.

XBFan

Well, Vista was a big mistake from the start. the development cycle was far too long; putting even some of the biggest Microsoft-fanboys off using it; in terms of the system capacity it requires it is rather ridiculous. Most games could run on less than it requires. and of course lest we forget, Linux had all of these functions available many years ago on much lower requirements.

Cicero

Bah. Im running my VIsta on a 3.2Ghz. I wouldnt advice anyone to get one unless you want to look cool/show off/ try to be a geek. If you want to be a geek forget this, go and install a sparkling new Linux :D Youll be famous withing you friends community

bizwiz

Right now I am still very happy with my windows xp. I see no reason to upgrade to vista yet and I have heard some users complain of instability and incompatibilty with some programs so I am in no hurry to upgrade just yet.

most

hehehe

its really a big joke
who that great man who have a great computer to operate that vista?
i think that vista will be good in the future
but the most important thing is to understand that vista will be great after development

L337

Never tried it. But I am going for it in August when I get my Core2Duo e6320. I will be getting Vista with it for free so I'll give it a go. If its not good I'm switching back to the good ol' XP Pro SP2.