Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Micrsoft's google earth

manofgames

The new 'Virtual earth' is MS's take on Google earth, and I have to say they've done an ace job on it, even if they've copied a lot of features from google earth.

The one cool thing is the resolution, which is much more accurate then google's, and even in villages, you can zoom up to about 20 -30 yards without too much quality loss, unlike google's program, where it pixels out :(

see it at http://maps.google.com

kanu123

The microsoft has been cpoying apple`s os X for windows and now they have found google to copy for a change.

manofgames

Someone I know said they saw a car in their drive that they sold seven months ago :S

I think what they do is update the BIG places (ie, all the capitals of america) every couple of months, and everywhere else wery so often.

Tentative

I think (for once), Microsoft has done the best job with this web application. Virtual Earth is much more advanced than Google Earth is; and it also has much higher resolution imagery than the prior. Their developers obviously pulled out all of the stops on this one - and it works in Firefox!

linkinlt

I don't really like bothering with such programs. I tried Google Earth and found nothing special there. I couldn't even see my house from there, cos I'm Lithuanian, and image quality just sucked when zoomed.

Cicero

I got google Earth. Its fantastic though of no commercial use. What I use it of is to spy on my Schools backyard which is not open to people. Not clear anyway

bizwiz

Google earth is just like watching big brother on the PC. Images are not that clear what it awesome to what they have accomplised so far.

brighttefa

in fact its a great service
wo was imagining to see his home from his computer?
its really nice idea

but
how can we use it in more useful thing?