Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove the number post thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donavin

Banned
I say we should remove the number of posts thing, and go for how long you have been with the site, cause i received 2 warnings under the fact i was "post boosting", and I also got a warning for Bumping a thread, yeah I bumped it for the newbies that are arriving, and I will not be surprised if a get a warning for this as well, plz comment I want to know what others think about the whole post number thingy.

Admin

Staff member
How many forums have you been on?
Every single forum on the entire internet has a post count logger.
Its supposed to show dedication to the site itself.
If we simply have the join date there would be no way of knowing how dedicated a person is, as just because they registered a long time ago doesnt mean they are active members.

You received warnings because you were bumping the threads in the forum. This is not allowed and it is also not acceptable on any other forum that has a large member list on the internet. The rule is there to prevent people from doing exactly what you did - to get your thread seen.
People will post in your thread if it:
* Has an interesting title
* Has interesting content

Otherwise they have no reason to post and simply skip past it.
Do not try to rule this forum. I am welcome to suggestions and feedback, but not blatant attempts to over rule or belittle the decisions and statements I make as being the Admin of this forum.

Others please, post your opinions on this, but be aware that the post count is staying and therefore this thread has no basis for discussion.

As for you Donavin I think you need to calm down with your posts and PM's.

Donavin

Banned
Really i do need to calm down you know.I mean I thought it was helpful to RENEW threads so that people don't create so many of the "SAME" post, cause as i do recall you deleted a thread I made cause it was the same.correct? Please post i want to hear comments, and admin personally im not mad at all im just doing a general discussion on what people think thats all.

Admin

Staff member
You created a thread that was about the same thing as a thread that was already in discussion.
- and no you weren't being helpful by bumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.