Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sniping Strategies

TigerPawsSC

I know a lot of people on here like to use the sniper rifle as their weapon of choice. What your best sniping strategy? How do you :detective: your opponent.

Donavin

Banned
Well there are multiple strategies, the most famous one is to start off by spotting your opponent more than spraying, and praying as it is referred to, once you find your target consider what the targets next action is, if he isn't going anywhere near a friendly, take your time to get a precise track of the opponent, once done shoot him, but you must make sure that no other enemies are nearby to be aware of your presence making you still an invisible target, but if the enemy finds your position, take him out before he can alert other enemies, and if a enemy is coming to your position take cover, and shotgun him, or assassinate him, to not alert anymore enemies, and after that is done immediately find another sniper spot or he will come back prepared! Was that enough to harness the true potential of a sniper?

2Good4U

There are several way.Just like Donavin was saying but Ive heard and tried to get better with sniper all the time when i play with friends.One of the best ways in my opinion is if u ever get used to playing Swat (thats where u use rifles no shield)use the sniper on it and u can get better fast if ur good at no scoping.Thats something else u should work on to.:2guns:

Donavin

Banned
That is a good way, but you need to practice with the enemy with shields on, or it wont seem as effective when used with a shield on the enemy.

Darkstealth

I just learn how to snipe without using the scope all the time

If you can snipe without the scope then you are pretty much the winner of the match

*most of the time*

red_devil52

I find a decent camping position and find an enemy. Then I just follow them around and wait til they stop. That's when I take a nice potshot right at their head and watch them wonder what the **** is happening if they havent died. lol

Donavin

Banned
That strategy is what i like to call the tracer, that requires no skill, all you need to do is trace the target till they stop, and then make sure you get a lock on them for sure so that you can absolutely kill them, but my strategy is better you find the target, trace him as he walks, and then think as in what he will do next, if you of course see him going for a jeep point the rifle at where his head should be when he gets in the jeep, and as soon as he gets in it fire, hes down, and never knew what hit him, but to follow that strategy, look at the thread i posted above to harness the true potential of a sniper, and yes not using a scope is good, in certain situations correct? I thought so and i might add that no scope will not help at long range, you would have to have dumb luck to hit a target at the opposite end of the arena like at blood gulch unless he is not moving, and you can see him cause he is wearing white armor. But yes you are right no scope is good.