Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The mysterious X Button

TigerPawsSC

It is my understanding that the infamous "X" button will be used for sprinting. I was worried for a while that the super jump would be the use of that button, but I have also heard that it's sprinting. That's fine with me, as I think that's a pretty easy place to put an important button.

Donavin

Banned
It has been confirmed many times that the x button is indeed for sprinting plz check the controller layout thread it has all the details.

MastermanAndy

It has been confirmed many times that the x button is indeed for sprinting plz check the controller layout thread it has all the details.

Wow thanks man, and sorry I will check that thread out now. Im just glad that it will be for Sprinting, MC moves too slow at time! X(

Donavin

Banned
yes and also do know take into consideration you will most likely only be able to sprint for a short period of time, and i will try to find out indeed how fast the mc runs during this sprint.

Jac

Halo 3's mystery X button function revealed!

X marks the... what?
To celebrate the announcement of the multiplayer Beta date, Bungie have released their second Halo 3 Vidoc entitled “Is Quisnam Protero Damno!” - catchy huh?
But despite featuring Alpha footage of the multiplayer in action, many of you have been left scratching your heads - just what does the elusive X-button function actually Promised to be revealed in the video for the first time by Bungie's own Frankie (which incidentally sounds like a Eurovision entry), even we had furrowed brows upon viewing. Fear not, for the aforementioned web-monkey has posted the following explanation on Bungie.net; "X Button is DEPLOY EQUIPMENT. You saw three kinds in the vid. It has nothing to do with nades or power ups." Ahhh, of course, the good old equipment deployer, thingy.
Errm, what?
On closer inspection we are picking the super map-crossing launch pads, aka the man-cannon, trip mines and bubble shield as three applications of this new equipment deploying X-function seen in the video, but are we wrong?

Source: http://www.nationalxbox.com/showthread.php?p=8367#post8367

Donavin

Banned
sir i am extremely sorry, but that is not a good source of information, it may be false, you would need an actually bungie posted confirmation to mark it.

MastermanAndy

Wow, so that confirms it isnt sprinting, Thanks :D Im not too sure what Equiptment Deploy is gonna be like, but I cant wait to find out :)

Admin

Staff member
I didn't catch what it is....
 click to show

TigerPawsSC

All the confusion! I had certainly hoped it would be used for sprinting, but I guess I'll get along with my game either way.

haloguy

Wow...good to see this thread arounds, in fact I was about to post a similar thread, goog that I saw it on time.

I was wondering about this button for quite long...now it turend out to be for sprinting, nice!!

neol

I dont think it is for sprinting at all. Guess we will all wait for the answer when it releases.

jackyboy

Hi Neol...didn't you read all the posts above, some guy already posted that!!

Its confirmed that this button is indeed for sprinting. I waited really long to get that news :D