Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To many players?

Donavin

Banned
Well I created this thread to find out both opinions, and answers about halo 3 new, and expanded live gaming. first I would like to know if anyone can confirm the fact that halo 3 will support 4 player coop. Also I would like to know if you think 32 players on one map is to much for online play.

Admin

Staff member
I think it is quite likely that Bungie will stick to 2 players for co-op. 4 Players is a bit extreme.
I think 32 players will be fine for multiplayer so long as the maps are big enough to accommodate the players. I think this is feasible but not likely. I think they'll just stick to 16 players, or maybe they will extend it a bit to 20 or so.

TigerPawsSC

I'm sure they've taken into account the number of players as opposed to the size of the maps. While 32 might be a little cramped, I assume it will work out alright.

Donavin

Banned
Well what they said in a number of review for the multipalyer maps they will be alternating a few levels here, and there, and for the really big maps for example side winder (not confirmed to be in halo 3) has a huge map, and would support 32 players, and not only 16, but a level like lockout would mostly support 16 or below.

TigerPawsSC

Well there's the answer, then. I trust those guys to pretty much create maps that will accomodate a certain number of players. As long as the game knows its limitations, we should all be fine.

Donavin

Banned
yes cause out of logic they wont have a level like wizard support 32 players, it would be to cramped, and you would be lucky to make it 10 feet without either getting killed or shot.

MastermanAndy

I think 32 will be fine as long as the maps are big, so only make 32 available on Huge maps. And I think 4 player co-op would be too easy, however I think they should make it like Gears of War and put Co-op Online :D

Donavin

Banned
well first maybe they wont allow 4 player coop on easy setting, and if they would allow 4 player coop on easy, i would go right to legendary, its so much harder, and put good use into the 4 man squad.

Midnight

I think 32 player will be great, the more the merrier! Has to be on big maps though, overwise you wont be able to move without getting killed lol.

And as for 4 player co-op, that sound good! I know when I have more than 1 friend over that other friends get bored quick.

TigerPawsSC

I am not a huge fan of the four player co-op idea. Personally, I just get too distracted and there's too much going on when you've got four guys on a small screen.

gamer23

i dunno about having 4 players. i mean would be a great idea but I don't think it is gonna happen. i think it will be 2 player.

Iluvhalo

If they make the maps big enough, then 32 players will not be a problem, and, if executed properly 32 players will be awesome fun - the more the merrier as they say.

bizwiz

As long as the maps are big enough to accomodate 32 players then I see no problem about the excessive number of players.

HelloHalo

Hi guys! Im new here , but definitely now new to halo :turned:
On topic now - 32 players! It will be wayyyyyy to chaotic in my opinion i think max should be 20:alien: