Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is it about halo 3?

Sam Y

I mean I played the first one on the original xbox and although i thought it was a good game, it didn't knock my socks off. There is something about the whole gun-toting mercenary thing that just sets me on edge. If I thought the first one was so-so, what should I be expecting from the last iteration? (I'm asking because I'm thinking of buying an xbox360 another than nhl 08,Too Human and probably Bioshock I'm not interested in the other games, n' $400+ bucks is a lot of cash to shell out, not including the games :)

Christian T

First off, allow me to correct you. The main character (Master Chief Petty Officer Spartan 117 John aka Master Chief) is not a mercenary. He is a super-soldier raised by the military by the age of six. Much like the Spartans of the movie 300. Much like the Spartans in 300, he believes in honor and willingness to sacrifice for yourself for the greater good. In this case, stopping the eradication of the Humans race along with all life in the rest of the universe. I respect your opinion for saying Halo: combat Evolved was a so-so game, but for us hardcore gamers, it was revolutionary. Most People believed the first person shooters belonged only on the PC and Mac. However, games such as 007: Goldeneye and Halo showed how well FPS games can function on a console. It has also revolutionized the multilayer experience. Many games out today base themselves on the model set by Halo, such as split screen play. For Halo 3,it takes it not one, not two, but many steps forward. With more game variants and customization options than ever before. Plus, the story has gripped millions of people. They anxiously await the epic conclusion of an even more epic trilogy on Sept. 25. I will be there to get my copy.