Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why??

kanu123

Hello, I know a lot of people have been upset about Halo 2 only being for the new Windows Vista operationg system (including myself, becauce I need to buy $200 in hardware just to run Vista), but why does it have to be only for Vista? According to Microsoft, Halo 2 is only for Windows Vista because Windows Live is not aviable in Windows XP. However, I am in the Windows Live beta, and have successfully installed Windows Live in Windows XP. So Windows Live IS aviable in XP. I had to set up my laptop in a dual-boot configuration with Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux, leaving Windows on there for gaming. So if Live is aviable in XP, why is Halo 2 only for Vista?

nicky

hey

Because Microsoft own Bungie, thats why it was first for xbox(their console), so we all buy xbox to play( they said there won`t be for PC), and now is Pc version for only Vista because microsoft want to we all buy their new vista, so they can get more many,

manu123

hey.

You guys keep forgetting that there is a public document that shows when each operating system's end of life is.

Windows Life-Cycle Policy
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle.asp

Windows XP Professional
Date of General Availability Direct - December 31, 2001
OEM and Retail License Availability (end date) - January 29, 2008
System Builder License Availability (end date) - January 29, 2008

The Halo PC game has lasted since 2004 and they expect Halo 2 to last as long if not longer. Now why would anyone company release a game they expect to last for 3 - 5 years for an operating system that was scheduled to go end of life in six months? Especially if they can develop it with new features not found in the old operating system.

nicky

hello!

manu123.You're a genius. Where do you learn all of these things about computers and what not?

HaloDude23

It's also done to persuade you to upgrade to Vista. Too bad your printer might not work :censored:

I'm on Vista at the moment, and the biggest difference between XP & Vista, aside from the new look (which was a good improvement), is that Vista doesn't "freeze." Like programs do freeze, but you can just open the task manager and they will close. In XP this didn't work all the time, there was a decent chance that the program when it froze, would freeze XP as well and you'd have to turn it off using the power switch.

maggot

manu123 true but even in like 2 years people will still have Windows XP but Halo 2 coming out in Vista is a smart idea also soon or later everyone here will have to upgrade to Vista so dont complain.