Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you let a 13 year old boy play halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, and Reach?

Tyler

I think it's okay for a 13 year old. It's not extremely gory like allot of M rated games are and you don't fight any humans except for the multiplayer, you just fight aliens most of the time.
It doesn't hardly have any bad language in it. There are a few mild curse words in some parts of the games but it's rare.

It's not really violent for an m rated game though there is shooting and killing in it, but the worse gore you ever see is purple and blue blood. The only part about all the halo games that might be questionable is in both halo 1 and 3 there levels where you have to fight zombie type enemies that fall to pieces when they die, but it's nothing compared to what you would see in gears of war or left4dead.

Overall I think it's ok for a 13 year old there's nothing in it that they don't show on tv anyways.
If you are still unsure about it, go on http://www.youtube.com and look for videos of halo gameplay so you can see that it really is a pretty mild game as far as the m rating goes and quite frankly could get away with a T rating.

The only thing to really worry about are what people say and do on xbox live. But It's not the games fault .
Hope that was detailed enough.

Frostice

The characters of Halo makes it easy for kids at the age of 13 to play the game without any serious consequences. I can let my kid play because I don't see anything wrong with it. Even though it's got some shooting but it's not too violent or with adult content.

Tonny

There's nothing wrong in letting a 13 year old kid to play Halo game series. My kids play them and I have not seen them get influenced in a bad way with playing the games.

Chibu

Yes of course, I would very much allow a kid of 13 years old to play any of the Halo games. It's a game genre that's good for kids. Even though it's gots some shooting in it, it's safe for a 13 years old consumption.

Dori

Please list details why or why not.
Just think of an average straight A - B+ student.
Thank you very much!
To the best of my knowledge, all Halo video games are good for even kids that are below 13 years of age. My cousin that's 9 years old is playing Halo 5 : Guardians now and it's good for him.

Zuby

Most of the Halo franchise are very good for any kid of 13 years old to play. There are far more violent video games out there but not Halo games.

Shiek

There are games which are far more too aggressive which kids younger than 13 years still play and no one complains about it. As for my kids, they are allowed to play any Halo games of their choice.