Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any word on improvements?

TigerPawsSC

Has there been any word on any improvements to the online portion of the game play? Personally, I know that we experienced a great deal of lag and the game play seemed to change a great deal when me and my buddies tried to play online. I know they've done a ton to make the game better, but have they considered the online side?

Donavin

Banned
I'm not really an expert on online gaming, but there has been "rumors" not confirmed that halo 3 will have a better online related system, they have a button (the d pad) dedicated to online play(see controller layout for details)

TigerPawsSC

As long as they do something to improve the online portion of the game, I'll be happy. Seeing as it is pretty much all I play, that's where my cares lie.

Phsychon

I would like it if they made it so you could chose what level you would like to play in matchmaking, although i dont think that will happen as there wil be loads of choices and not many games.

TigerPawsSC

Yeah, that would be a nice choice. It would be similar to what EA does with their online sports games. There are tons more Halo players online, though.

HaloMaster

I'm with you in that I only play the online version of the game. I certainly hope there are some vast improvements on this front.

kanu123

The amount of details in the graphics they are putting will turn the game into a mammoth unable to accomodate itself on the broadband connections of today. I think Lag in playing online is unavoidable.

Donavin

Banned
Yes, cause theres always going to be a bad internet connection, which could always cause lag online.

jackyboy

Yes, due tremendous increase the graphics intensive games, and lagging pace of internet bandwidth, its really hard to have a smooth game play. That one reason I avoid it mostly.

HaloDude23

I'm hoping they did fix the lag issue, or at least made it better.

Unfortunately, Halo isn't the only game where lag is an issue. On the side note, apparently on the PS3, in Resistance the Fall of Man, there's no lag, or at least from what I've heard. If the PS3 can do it, so can the 360!

Maybe if the person who was causing lag got kicked automatically, it would solve the problem. Or put on hold, to be more friendly towards them :shifty:

TigerPawsSC

Well a little bit of lag is alright, but sometimes too much can just completely ruin the quality of gameplay for everyone involved.