Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone know what the status of the Halo movie is, you know, from the...

Eric S

...video game series? Somewhere i even heard that Peter Jackson was directing it... I haven't heard much else about it in a couple of months.

Admin

Staff member
This is what it says in my magazine. "The Halo movie."
"This blockbuster may have Mr. Lord of the Rings as its executive producer, but it's got a relative unknown directing it. Halo (coming to a theatre near you in summer 2008) will be Neill Blomkamp's first feature-length film, yet that doesn't concern Jackson. ' We wanted a director who we would get excited about their version of Halo, ' he said to entertainment website Ain't It Cool News. ' There were people that we thought, ' Well, their version of Halo doesn't really excite me all much.' But then when Neill came along, and we saw what he'd done and we'd spoken to him. Believe me, he's doing something that is very, very different from what people are imagining..."
"Sill, don't expect this rookie to stray too far from the source materiel; Jackson has already confirmed that the Flood will actually appear in the flick, and we've gotten wind that Blomkamp's team has produced actual drivable Warthogs. Wonder what kinda gas mileage those beasts get..."
And that's all it says in my magazine. By the way, the magazine is Electronic Gaming Monthly.