Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ever throught about a blog?

rusty

ever throught about putting a blog for the main page? like for updates about halo 3 and that sort of stuff, it'd be pretty good, like just near the release, then you post peoples records on clocking it and stuff aswell, what does the rest of the forum think? and what do you think admin?

Midnight

You have to remember it would just take up alot more of his time with only one person, really he'd need voulantiers. But yeah I think that would be pretty good :D

rusty

being a leading source for the game he could sell ads ;) meaning time turns into money also, he could get afew trusted people from the forum and give them accounts, also its not hard to set up a blog. you can thro cpanel

manofgames

a couple of things I'd like to say:

What your talking about is called a portal, (I presume) which is easy to integrate into VB(this forum software).

Also, VB has a handy feature which grabs content from RSS feeds, and posts it as content, a good example of a forum that uses this method is newsforum(http://www.newsforum.com), where the admin has setup a seperate account, which the forum uses to post news.

All the admin here would have to do is point the forum to a feed by a Halo related company, IE microsoft games / Xbox news etc. and the forum would post news from those feeds, which the portal could use as 'blogging' news.

Lastly I presume this should be in the feeback forum

Excess

Portal. No, There talking about a blog. :D A blog is kind of a diary of something, kept by many people over the internet, A blog on this forum would be quite good for people who are rusty (not the user, lol) when it comes to dates.
Good Idea!

kanu123

A blog can be a good money generator. With a couple of ads thrown from google and yahoo he can earn from the efforts he'd make for writing blog.

manofgames

Portal. No, There talking about a blog. :D A blog is kind of a diary of something, kept by many people over the internet, A blog on this forum would be quite good for people who are rusty (not the user, lol) when it comes to dates.
Good Idea!

I know what a blog is lol, sorry if I'm a bit unclear.
The type of portal I'm talking about looks just like a blog, but it grabs certain types of posts from the forum.

There used to be a really good example of this on another site I used to go to, but unfortunately, it has been taken down.

bizwiz

It would be great if there will be a blog portion here so gamers can blog about their accomplishments and discovery in Halo games.

brighttefa

really i dont like to have a blog
i have been chatted with my friend today and i told him so
because there are forums we can write everything we want there
so what is the usage of the blogs?