Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I raise my 'Highest Skill' in Halo 3?

cstout95

I'm Lieutenant 74 XP and my highest skill is 16. I used to think Highest Skill was base on rank, but I've seen people with the same rank and XP but have a lower Highest Skill. How do I raise it?

cantcoveritup11

Its all about what you are good at.

If you have a good partner, go into team doubles for easy skill up.
If you have a good team, team slayer is right for you.
Lone Wolves is an easy 40.
The best for a 50 has to be team doubles or team swat but it is all about what you are good at.

I recommend NOT trying to skill up in team objective, squad battle, team snipers, or MLG

Matt G

Go into the ranked play lists and play ranked games.
Depending on how good you are I would use either team slayer, lone wolfs, or team doubles.
The key is of course to win!!
Try to keep your K/D ratio positive that will help a lot too.
Use the BR for head shots
My current rank is Major Grade 3 with 910 experience.
I am going to be a commander any day and a colonel soon.
Good Luck

Caleb

To raise your highest skill in Halo 3, you have to play ranked matches and of course win them. It's not based on a oh I've won 3 matches in a row where's my rank up? - it's based on Microsoft's TrueSkill system, which pretty much assigns you a rank based on how well you play. For example: You are skill 15 and go into a match and get 30 of your team's kills, and you guys win. Chances are, you will rank up - but this will only be true at the lower levels. It took me around 13-15 matches to rank up from 49-50, all wins with no losses in between. I recommend playing Team Slayer with a good group of friends, and you should rank up in no time as long as you win. Also, if you lose a match to people ranked MUCH lower, you will most likely rank down, if not be on the verge of ranking down. Same goes the other way around, if you win against much higher ranked people, you have a good chance of ranking up.

jon

Play ranked matches, like team doubles if you got a partner ( Its what I do) or team slayer, ect. The highest level you have in one of them ranked matchmaking games is your highest skill.

Jimmy D

highest skill refers to the highest level you've ever gotten to in any ranked playlist. let's say you get your level (white number next to your name in the lobby) to 16 in team slayer by winning and doing good in several games, but you go down to 15 by losing and not doing good in some games. your highest skill is still 16 because its your highest skill uve ever gotten to. like i said, to get it higher, win several games in that playlist (usually 4 or 5 in a row) and u will go up. if you win 4, lose one, then win two, that would most likely work too, and remember there is not rank in social playlists. its a complicated system lol