Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how can you go online with the xbox 360?

maluthreat

do you have to buy that thingy from mircrosoft thats like a wireless router priced at 100 dollars:http: //www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802124or is there any other possible way?.. i have verizon dsl internet is there any other way to use the 360 online capabilities?does the connection go fatser if i get a router? what is the cheapest and bes way to do this. I am looking for the overall best way to do this(price wise and level of easyness)

Craig V

If you want to hook up to the internet with a 360 to play with other people, then you'd need to get a subscription card which you can get at best buy or circuit city (I'm pretty sure a 12 month comes with a 360 elite though). After that, you would need a cat 5 cable (get a long one if your 360 is quite aways from your modem, or a short one if its not). A router isn't required wireless or not, but its so much more easier if you do. The router makes it so you can have the internet, xbox live, and have some other connection and still be able to use all of them at the same time. Without a router, you'd have to unplug to internet cable, then plug in your cable going out of ur 360. That means you couldn't get on the internet and it gets annoying if you dont remember. You can pry getta router for 60 bucks at radio shack or circuit city. I'm almost certain you can play with Verizon dsl. Once you do that, you would go to ur 360 dashboard, go to xbox live, and go to register new account. I have an xbox so im not sure about that. If you have halo 2, which u pry do, go to that menu and go to xbox live and you can pry getta new account through there also. The making a new account is pretty straight forward too. And if u are playing halo 2, make sure u go to content download and get all the new maps so u can play matchmaking.