Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to convince my mom that i am mature enough for Halo 3?

Max

im turning 13 in a few days and i want Halo 3 for my B day. i've previously tried to convince her that Halo is ok cuz its mostly about aliens and stuff, but she still hasn't given in yet.

i play plenty of other games much worse than it (COD4, Bad Co, Ghost Recon) but those were all sorta "hand me downs" that my dad used to play. he doesnt play Xbox anymore so i can't ask him to get it and play it for a while and give it to me like how i got the other one. he is totally cool with me playing any games and im pretty sure he would let me play GTA if it were his choice (which i also desperately want to play, but there's no chance of that EVER happening as long as my mom is around)

but the only at least mildy violent game she's let me buy was Bad Company 1 (T rated)

as for me, im a very good kid, i have gotten straight A's and B's since 4th grade, and i had straight A's in 5th and 7th grade (i'm in 7th now). i am kinda shy and very gentle. i hate killing anything, even ants. she apparently doesnt want me to play these type of games cuz she's afraid i'll go out and shoot a bunch of innocent people if i play them.

i don't understand her reasoning for this because i know i can tell the difference between games and reality.

also, i'd like to know if you think Halo 3 is ok to play with my 10 yr. old brother (splitscreen), im only allowed to play COD4 Bad Co Etc. when he's out of the house, and i just wanted to know if you think it's appropriate for him. (he already plays non-shooter T rated games with me)

Thanks =)

bryce

well, if you play other fps games, then halo is also a great game to play. There is relatively low blood, most of the weapons (e.g. plasma cannon) are unrealistic enough that you wont try to imitate it in real life. Also, add something like millions of other people play, and most of them don't go on violent killing sprees... if that is the main focus of your mom's reasoning. other than that, just use your judgement on what to say, and try not to push it so far that you get a harsh punishment.