Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is "Reach" the last game in the Halo series?

John

I know that Microsoft and Bungie have stated that it is that last game that Bungie will be developing, but will there be future Halo games (FPS games in the style of Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3; not non-FPS/Spartan-less games such as Halo Wars and to a lesser extent ODST)? Especially in light of the secret ending to Halo 3, where John-117 begins falling towards the world that some have postulated to be the Forerunner homeworld and Cortana is acting like she may be undergoing rampancy. I also seem to remember a few years back that a rep for the game said that Halo 3 was Master Chief's last part of the story, but then what's with the secret ending?

I think everyone would agree that there need to be more installments in the series, but I am just wondering if there will be any more first person shooters in which the player controls a notable Spartan, and also if Master Chief will ever make another appearance now that Bungie is finished developing games in the Halo universe.

Nope. lots more Halo on the way from 343 Industries... Bungie wanted to end the saga. Micro$oft of course didn't, so hence, the creation of 343 (named after Guilty Spark)...

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/343_Industries

Ryze

Well this is the last Halo game Bungie are going to make, honestly I dont see anybody trying to pick up that mantle and try to beat what Bungie have been able to do.

There are rumours of a sequel to Halo Wars, and I could definitely see them doing a different genre of game in the Halo universe. I would love to see a Halo RPG game like Mass Effect, but I dont see it happening.

So its unsure if there will be another Halo game, there is a very low possibility of them bringing out an FPS and try to beat Reach. There might be another Halo Wars but nobody is really sure yet.

Dusty Monkey

No. It's the last game that will be made by the original creators, Bungie Studios. 343 Industries will take over the series and will most probably let other developers try their hand at a Halo game.

It is currently rumored that 343 is already working on, possibly, Halo 4.

kool

yes it is, since Bungy's contract is over with the game developers. If the makers of Halo can find a new company to make their game with we may see another one in the futrue.