Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with your XBOX 360?

TigerPawsSC

I've personally experienced some pretty devastating problems with my XBOX 360. It's been happening specifically on the EA Sports video games and everytime I play for a couple of weeks, the game becomes unreadable. I've been told it's because the laser is burning the disc, but I really don't know what to do. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

Donavin

Banned
well I'm guessing i am 2 the other day when i was trying to play gears of war my just froze, with the scrabbled image of the game, idk whats going on but i hope it inst always this way.

MastermanAndy

Ive had nothing happen to mine whatsoever. Im surprised, because I havnt had it crash, freeze, restart or anything, whereas many of my friends have had loads of problems.

Dreads

The main problem is "heat" and dust

1) Get a fan near your xbox 360
2) Keep the room cool
3) Buy a filter that removes dust ect..
4) Make sure to check all your wires
5) Take 5min Breaks and let system cool

Your system may be cool but the disc may not.

rusty

do any of you have your xbox 360's in your cabinet? i heard you should try keep them out in the open so they receive alot of air and such, just google it you'll find millions of stories.

haloguy

Yeah...thats ture to keep you machine cool. Just keep it in a well ventilated place...then its okay!!

Although cooling system also come, if you wish to buy :D

I have technical problems with my 360, and seek to fix them.Help!!

It will be good if you please post the problem in detail, so that we can suggest a possible remedy!!

Good luck

Last edited:

Phsychon

Ive had some overheating problems, but they stopped now, and all is fine :D My friendwasnt so lucky though, he had to have his repaired :p

Phsychon

I thought those cooling kits cost loads, I might have to check it out again... If they are around £50 ill get one :D

TigerPawsSC

Thanks for all the responses. It's nice to know that there are others out there with some problems and I didn't just get a bad box. I'll try some of these suggestions.

2Good4U

Xbox 360

Make sure u have a good warranty cuz ive heard of some nver going back good and it can mess up all ur games... just like if u tilt ur 360 while its standing(DONT TRY IT)!

Dawgpound7000

There are a couple of things that you should know to keep your 360 running:
1. A good warranty from the retailer you bought it from.
2. Never have your 360 on the carpet.
3. Never have anything surrounding your 360. Let it have breathing room.
4. Like 2Good4U said never tilt your 360 when operating. If you do then you will hear a loud grinding sound which is not good.
5. Take a break between long gaming periods to let the 360 cool down. Maybe 5-10 minutes is enough. You dont have to do this but it would help increase your 360s life span.

If you havent got a extended warranty yet I would. If you can get it from the retailer you bought your 360 from that is the best option. If its too late for that dont feel down my friend there is another option. Just call Microsoft and buy the 1 or 2 year extended warranty. I had to send my 1st 5 360s in for repair because of different reasons.(over-heating, freezing, no picture, etc.) I bought the 2 year extended warranty from Microsoft for about $60.00.

If you are worried about your 360, I strongly recommend that you get some kind of extended warranty.

Last edited: