Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sniper rifle or Beam Rifle for Sniping?

Midnight

I use both, the Beam rifle line thingy doesnt last as long, so its harder to spot where the shot came from and be stealthy, although I can sometimes get better aim with the Sniper rifle for some reason, So i use that also :p

Donavin

Banned
Strictly human sniper, it only reload, and the beam rifle over heats after 3 shots, and the human sniper can do 4 shots, and still reloads lighting fast.

Donavin

Banned
IT shoots four rounds faster than the beam, cause it over heats, and the reload is faster than the cool down for the beam rifle.

maggot

matters

I love doing BxR with Beam but i really perfer Human Sniper becuase it reloading instead of it over heating.

Portalise

Classic is best, I love the Human Sniper, Presise and easy to control.
4 shot reload and no overheat.
That is one of my favoutite weapons aswell.

2Good4U

Human is easier to no scope with but i like beam b/c of the 2 very fast shots that if u miss the head all u do is shoot them again :2guns: =p

EJTheSnail

I would go for the sniper rifle in campaign (Legendary) because enemies don't rush you or anything.

For multiplayer, I would go for the beam rifle becuase if someone's dashing towards you, you can run backwards and repeatedly fire at him.

John 117

Nothing against the human sniper( I love all human weapons), but the Covenant sniper is good because as long as you time the interval of your shots, you'll never overheat.

Admin

Staff member
The Human sniper doesn't overhead either though.
I think I like both the Human and Covenant snipers equally.

Donavin

Banned
Yeah but with a human sniper if your in the "heat" of battle you can shoot 4 shots without the rifle overheating, yes you have to reload, but that one extra shot compared to the covenant rifle could save your life.

superdupa

they are both good for different situations. for instance, if sniping long range i would prefer the sniper because it is not a big glowing blue attention attracting trail, like the beam. but for close the beam rifle because if you shoot it with like one second inbetween each shot, you can get like 5 shots off before an overheat! WOOT WOOT!

Donavin

Banned
So in most terms, I think we can all agree, that the beam rifle, requires skill to do so, but the human sniper is cut and dry basically, but you also must remember the "ART" of sniping.

gamer23

Human the sniper rifle i use the most. I dont like a weapon that seems to overheat after 3 uses. Not very usefull for my needs in the game really.