Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Halo 3 Questions?

Katie L

1) Do you need a hard-drive to get EXP? And if you don't, how come I'm not getting any?

2) How come sometimes when I play Team Slayer on Custom Games with my friends, I can talk to people on the other team, and sometimes I can't? Why is this, and how can I set it so I can always talk to the opposite team?

Aviatrix

For EXP, I'm pretty sure you don't need a hard drive, just a Live account. So I have no idea why you're not getting any, sorry. This is what you can get with a hard drive, according to xbox.com:
Game saves
Music and audio files
Your Xbox 360 gamer card and gamer profile
Xbox Live® downloadable content

When it says Your Xbox 360 gamer card and gamer profile, that might be it. Without a gamer profile, you probably can't get EXP. I'd suggest getting a hard drive anyways, because I think it makes Xbox a lot more fun : )

For the chat thing, I noticed that sometimes after you kill someone, you can hear what they're saying. It may be different for a custom game, but I'm pretty sure that's just a small glitch that happens after killing someone. I don't think there's a way that you can set it so you can talk with the other team.

misagi10

well maybe you do cause the 360 has to save all the stuff you do online, and the reason you can hear them talk or talk to them is because you are close to them ive had that too and it scared the crap out of me the first time i heard them, but it usually happens when im close to them.