Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't they make a Halo movie?

Arcangel

It would be received enthusiastically by Halo fans all over the world. They have already done some short clips to promote the game. Why not make a full length movie?

John Crisp

sorry to have to tell you this

but there hasnt been plans to make a movie since 2007

In 2007 plans for a movie were under way, and 2 design teams were put together to build it.

However they could not work together and the movie was scrapped Nov 2007

Sorry

Jersey Rebel

Here's what happened:

In 2006, Peter Jackson (director of Lord of the Rings) and Neill Blomkamp (director of District 9 and one of the Halo live-action shorts) were ready to film a Halo film, with Universal Studios and 20th Century Fox to back the project.

However, in October 2006, both Universal and Fox left the project, citing the high budget and the box office failures of recent Video Game film adaptations. Since then, Jackson and Blomkamp moved on to different film projects.

Microsoft still express interest in making a Halo film

br@ini@c

They are working on a HALO film. They had setbacks due to money. Last I had read of it, Neil Blomkamp (director of District 9), was attached to direct it.

alvinsmith

Well in 2007 they have try to made it but it went something wrong an become scrapped. Microsoft is still interested well see it in a couple of months.

Igba

It took a while but they eventually made some interesting Halo movies.

The last Halo movie that I watched was Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. It was very interesting. I have also watched District 9.