Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Denzel playing Master Chief in the Halo movie if Master Chief isn't black.?

sashbash425

Well there's such a thing called "rainbow casting", where the casting director takes no account towards the actor's race for a part. Where race sometimes does add to the character, rainbow casting is truly overall the most beneficiary step if we want to make ourselves a more equal society. If that's not the answer, than I really don't know. But I think it's more based on the more qualified actor than the actor who looks the most like the part.

red

I'm going to add to that "rainbow casting" comment.
It's also called colorblind casting. Broadway has started doing it, so it's catching on. It's casting whoever is best for the part, regardless of race. I think it's fantastic. Denzel will do great at the part.

Gujira1990

I agree, he is a good actor. He'll do great. Besides I don't really think he has that many lines, it's not like the Chief is a great speaker in the games :p