Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Halo be as good as Gears?

2Good4U

I know whhat ur thinking cuz they are kinda 2 different kind of action gaame like ones FPS and one is in 3rd person but which game u think will be better?Gears of War 2 is coming out sometime next year.Which game u think will sell more copies?:2guns:

Dawgpound7000

I think that H3 will sell more copies than GoW2 simply because it is going to be the last Halo in the trilogy. People are gonna want to see how the trilogy ends. The story line is so in-depth that it just keeps you questioning so many different things. GoW is just starting its trilogy and Halo is ending its trilogy. When Halo is over Gears of War will become the new Halo.

The question that I would ask would be "Which trilogy was better?" when Halo's and Gears of War's story is over.
That will be the question.

Last edited:

Donavin

Banned
Both, halo fans, like me are stuck in between these 2 games, gears has excellent graphics, and it brought a whole knew action packed story, making it a great game, just like halo, and when gears of war 2 comes out all halo fans will eventually convert to being a gear fan, and I think gears will eventually sell more copies.

mentaliser

I think its not at all fair making comparisons between them since they are both simply beyond comparisons. Simply awesome.

Crippled Gunner

yes i think that halo will most definetly be better then gears.but the thing is there gona be a GOW 2 and theres not gonna be another halo.

Donavin

Banned
He makes a valid point halo will be but a memory when gow2 comes out, and then when gow3 comes out people wont even remember halo, but if the movie, becomes such a big hit people will remember how many good times they had, and eventually start playing all halos all over again to renew the great glory of destroying the covenant, anyone agree with me?

Darkstealth

to be honest, i think Gears of War will sell more copies because its still new unlike HALO which has been played for years now. I play HALO2 so much that i'm not that excited that HALO3 is coming out

superdupa

then you should be smacked! jk. any way i think the more sutible question for this thread would be will gears be as good as halo! HALO ROCKS! gears rocks too but it doesent have the in-depth storyline or as KICK A:censored:
multiplayer.just my opinion lol

Admin

Staff member
to be honest, i think Gears of War will sell more copies because its still new unlike HALO which has been played for years now. I play HALO2 so much that i'm not that excited that HALO3 is coming out
Not really, all that means is that Halo has an extremely large fan-base which is always a good thing.
You have to remember Halo 2 broke the highest grossing entertainment related release in history - yes that beats Pirates of the Caribbean etc in movies AND in video games. So Halo 3 is bound to do better than that with all the hype and the movie coming.

Donavin

Banned
Valid point, but if halo 3 is(kills me to say it) a failure, then gow 2 will definatly be the biggest selling game of that year, Im not doubting halo 3 if thats what your wondering, but by the time h3 is "old" gow 2 will come out, and most halo fans will "convert" to becoming gow fans.and let me tell you I still have a hard time choosing which game to play.there both so good!

gamer23

Can't say rather it will be better but since the last halo in the series it will more than likely sell more copies. Most like to by the last one for they have the other 2.