Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox 360 - Elite

Admin

Staff member
Hello,
Welcome to the new forum to extend discussion beyond Halo.

Anyone getting it?

Donavin

Banned
no, but didn't sony sew Microsoft for making the "exact" same thing as the PS3? Also why would they sew, when the PS3 made an online thing just like the xbox?

Donavin

Banned
how is that off topic it referring to the elite isn't it, and they were "suing" Microsoft, because it has the same graphic generator thing

Dawgpound7000

Hello,
Welcome to the new forum to extend discussion beyond Halo.

Anyone getting it?
Unless there is some kind of deal where you can trade in your old 360 for the elite, I will not be getting it. That 120 gig harddrive is nice though, but not for the $180.00 that it is going to cost you if you want to upgrade from the 20 gig one.

Admin

Staff member
how is that off topic it referring to the elite isn't it, and they were "suing" Microsoft, because it has the same graphic generator thing
I wasn't talking to you Donavin. Excess posted after you but then deleted his post because of what I said.
As a result I've removed the option to delete your own posts to avoid confusion.

Now back on topic. What do you mean, the same graphic generator thing?
Do you have a link to an article about it?

MastermanAndy

Im sure as hell not getting it. Good price, but I see no point in buying another 360 just because of the color. They are bringing out an additional 120gb HD, so if I run out of space, Ill get that.

TigerPawsSC

It's really not worth it to me, either. I enjoy my XBOX 360 and do not see the need to get the upgrade. Basically, i agree with Andy that it's simply a glorified color change. I'm not spending the extra money to get a better looking color. Now, if they allow me to trade in my old 360, that's a different story.

Dreads

The odds are that i will buy this

I think its a great system from the start and my white xbox 360 i plan to give to my brother.

479.99 is a great price for the elite ( 120GBs is a lot but all i need cuz 20GB isnt enough )

Donavin

Banned
no but i have received info about it on this from various websites, and because the xbox 360 uses a better graphic processor than the original xbox 360, it was sued, and also because of its black color, but what i don't understand why Microsoft didn't sue them for taking the idea of online play

rusty

how could they sue for the graphics card? also they couldn't sue for online play under any rights, its not there idea.

Portalise

I'm Getting the Elite, As i havent got a 360 yet. I think it will luck good in black.
120GB hard drive will be awesome, Shame they haven't confirmed built in wireless

Donavin

Banned
thats what im referring to if they sued them for a graphic card that was just better, like theirs it wasn't their idea right, but Microsoft was still sued for it....

kanu123

I dont thnink that the price difference between both is the value returned in owning a 120G version than a 20G one. Its shear waste of money. I`d prefer USB based mass storage devices to store data. They would turn out to be cheaper.

Cicero

Im not spending my money on a ELite. Im saving it up to buy a PS3. Elite is just expensive and looks cool. It is gd for flaunting :p