Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is their a halo movie out or coming out?

Jake Turner

apparently steven spielberg and peter jackson are directing it
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/112/1125896p1.html
this is the link to an ign article about spielbergs announcement of it.

anyway if spielberg doed profuce/direct it it will be good just take a look at some shows he's done recently on t.v
falling skies, the taken, terra nova they were all amazing so what would a halo movie be like....AMAZZZIINNGGG.

there is an animated movie called Halo Legends, but i dont think tht counts... there are plenty of official live action shorts made to kind of test the waters of a feature length film http://www.halopedian.com/Category:Film
but as far as a live action feature length? there have been rumors going around since the game came out. it came very close to happening, negotiations, scripts, as well as release dates (summer 2008!!) were made; with Peter Jackson to exec produce, and Niel Blomkamp to direct. Universal was to release it in north america, and Fox was to release it everywhere else. but then in oct 2006, fox and universal pulled out... Blomkamp went on to make District 9.

several times since then more rumors have risen, as well as a promising statement from Frank O'Connor: "We're going to make a movie when the time is right," he said. "We own the IP. If we want to make a movie, the scale of all the other stuff that we do changes dramatically. We make tens and tens of millions of dollars on ancillary stuff, toys, apparel, music and publishing. If we do a movie all of that will grow exponentially. We have some numbers if we do a movie, but it changes everything. It also changes our target and age demographic."

so there probably will be a live action (with heavy CGI) feature length film within at least 5 years.. now is the best time to do it, with the nostalgia of Halo Anniversary, two new books coming out, as well as Halo 4, many halo fans will be ready to shell out $10-20 to see a halo movie.

you can read more about it here: http://www.halopedian.com/Halo_(film)

there is an animated movie called Halo Legends, but i dont think tht counts... there are plenty of official live action shorts made to kind of test the waters of a feature length film http://www.halopedian.com/Category:Film
but as far as a live action feature length? there have been rumors going around since the game came out. it came very close to happening, negotiations, scripts, as well as release dates (summer 2008!!) were made; with Peter Jackson to exec produce, and Niel Blomkamp to direct. Universal was to release it in north america, and Fox was to release it everywhere else. but then in oct 2006, fox and universal pulled out... Blomkamp went on to make District 9.

several times since then more rumors have risen, as well as a promising statement from Frank O'Connor: "We're going to make a movie when the time is right," he said. "We own the IP. If we want to make a movie, the scale of all the other stuff that we do changes dramatically. We make tens and tens of millions of dollars on ancillary stuff, toys, apparel, music and publishing. If we do a movie all of that will grow exponentially. We have some numbers if we do a movie, but it changes everything. It also changes our target and age demographic."

so there probably will be a live action (with heavy CGI) feature length film within at least 5 years.. now is the best time to do it, with the nostalgia of Halo Anniversary, two new books coming out, as well as Halo 4, many halo fans will be ready to shell out $10-20 to see a halo movie.

you can read more about it here: http://www.halopedian.com/Halo_(film)

Michael

There has been a lot of talk about making one, im not sure but i also believe there was an animated movie about it, well this site will give u every thing u need

Michael

There has been a lot of talk about making one, im not sure but i also believe there was an animated movie about it, well this site will give u every thing u need

Hank

Yes of course, there's a TV series on Halo franchise now. I haven't watched it yet but from everything I have heard so far, it seems like it's going to be very decent TV series. I'm going to have it checked out soon.

Chibu

Yes of course, there's a TV series on Halo franchise now. I haven't watched it yet but from everything I have heard so far, it seems like it's going to be very decent TV series. I'm going to have it checked out soon.
What's the name of the Halo movie that you're talking about? Let me see if it's available on Netflix for me to start watching it immediately. I love Halo games and I'm sure the movie will be a good one too.

Asaba

What's the name of the Halo movie that you're talking about? Let me see if it's available on Netflix for me to start watching it immediately. I love Halo games and I'm sure the movie will be a good one too.
This is the Halo TV Show.
I've watched it and it's very interesting. You will definitely enjoy it.