Halo Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laptop vs. desktop

kanu123

Since alomst an year now the prices of laptops have fell down to such a level that their entry level prices now stand equivalent to a mid range desktops. Do you think that with this kind of scenario the desktops would continue with their current lead in the market as compared to laptops.

Excess

I think Laptops are already beginning to lead the market, But personally i would enjoy a good expensive gaming laptop. Or a mid-range desktop, As laptons tend to lack as much power as the trusty desktop, and replacing or adding parts is more difficult.

jackyboy

Yup...laptops are already leading the market!! But yeah...a full fledged desktop is the power house you need for all those resource hungry applications.

nicky

hi

I would always go for laptop! AS every place this year is wi-fi.and internet access is accessible easily.

Portalise

I prefer laptops for general work, but use my Desktop for gaming and video editing. I Just find laptops more convienient to do work on and browse the internet

H8ed

I prefer Laptop more than any other just because I can bring it to hotels when I need it on holidays.

Darkstealth

I like a Desktop better

I've had experience with a laptop before and they don't last very long, especially when it comes to RAM. Now my laptop shuts off every 5 hours

epsonc62

Desktop PC's are made for proffesional work, gaming and so on. Laptops - for business. That says everything. I see no use in watching movie on laptop or bringing it with you to kitchen or WC.

linkinlt

Definetely Desktop.

If u're using a Laptop u're realiant to the battery of your Laptop. Laptops also arent as good for gamers, as Desktops. So i chose desktop :]

TheUnholyOne

laptop is very nice in travel, but in terms of other stuff like web design, arts, logo's designing the desktop is better than laptop.

Untitled

I personally Prefer Desktop over laptops.

I know laptops are very handy and u can take them everywhere. But Desktops are very easy to handle. I like to use the mouse more than the touch pads. Creates a big confusion in laptops! And the keyboard is too small in the laptops you dont know what you're typing. I have never really liked laptops!

Cicero

I have both and I cant decide which is better. I prefer my laptop for browsing, chatting and Skype as its very portable and I got a Wifi hub here. I prefer desktop for gaming and Photoshop as its sharp and comfortable :D

bizwiz

For heavy gaming I prefer desktop because the most powerful graphics cards are not released to laptops. And since I am home most of the time its desktop computers for me.

ace

Well as you all know about the power problem that laptops have these days.
I prefer the good old desktops coz they are reliable and heck ive bought one for ( 100000rupees ) 62rupees=1$ you can do the maths :)

AHA7

I prefer a desktop at home while laptops are better for work and study.
Desktops are also cheaper and easier to fix when something goes wrong with them unlike laptops.

Robertoo

I prefer making use of laptop because of the portability it offers me whenever I'm working with it .

I hate being confined in a particular place like the way it happens with me when I am using PC or desktop to work. Using laptop gives me working freedom.